To be considered eligible to apply for the Accelerated Master’s Program in MCB, students must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Be a continuing UA undergraduate, having at least one full semester remaining prior to receiving their Bachelor’s degree. (Students may not submit an application to the AMP if they are graduating in that same semester.)
- Have a minimum cumulative UA GPA of 3.300.
- Have completed a minimum of 75 units of undergraduate course work, including college credits from the U of A, other colleges/universities, and AP/IB/CLEP exam credit.
- Have completed at least 12 units in their major at UA.
- Have completed MCB 304 and MCB 305 or equivalents. It is acceptable for one of these courses to be in progress at the time of application to the AMP.
- It is expected that students will complete their Bachelor’s in a total of four years, and that they will be able to complete the necessary graduate classes and research over the course of their senior year plus one additional year (a total of five years from the time of entrance to the U of A).
- It is expected that students being admitted into the MCB AMP find a research lab in which they wish to complete their Master's Thesis. A lab and PI must be confirmed in the semester prior to graduating with your Bachelor’s degree, in order to continue in the program.